THIS IS THE HOME PAGE BOOKMARK THIS PAGE ON YOUR DEVICE FOR EASY REFERENCE NEXT TIME 📌
Note! The second board meeting in January has been rescheduled for Monday, January 28, 2019 at Dover School, due to the holiday on January 21.
January 28 MONDAY 7pm
Dover Elem. School click here for directions.
Click here to watch the last meeting on video
Schedule of upcoming meetings
- February 4 at 7:00 PM in Wardsboro
- Annual Meeting February 12, 2019 at 7:00 PM, Wardsboro Town Hall
- February 25 at 7:00 PM in Dover (Budget Presentation)
- March 5 Town Meeting (vote on budget)
- March 11 at 7:00 PM in Wardsboro
- March 18 at 7:00 PM in Dover
- WARNING for the Annual School Meeting February 12, 2019, Wardsboro Town Hall (3 pages, pdf file) List of articles to be voted from the floor and by ballot on March 5, 2019 at Town Meeting Day.
- RVUSD TAX TALK - how the school budget affects your property taxes this year-Power Point Slides
- To see the short video of this presentation instead click here.
- Results-Wardsboro Focus Survey Nov. 2018
- FISCAL Year 2019-20 RVUSD School Budget - Board Approved on 12/3/2018 - 6 pages 3MB file PDF version
- All about Voting
- A Timeline for Meetings, Public Info Sessions, Running for School Board, and Voting at Town Meeting Day (absentee/ early and day of voting) March 5, 2019 (printer friendly - one page only)
- RVUSD wins 2018 award from Brattleboro Community TV Municipal Partner of the Year: River Valleys Unified School District Board
River Valleys Unified School District Board was created last summer following the unification of Dover and Wardsboro School Districts under Act 46. The River Valleys Board turned to BCTV to video their bi-weekly meetings as a way to engage and provide transparency. And, in fact, thanks to the Board’s promotional efforts, most of the meetings have received hundreds of views. Board Chair Richard Werner notes: "It's gratifying to get so many views, and critical that those who can't attend can get the full flavor of the somewhat complex process. In addition, it’s been a benefit to all of us to be able to review the videos as work progresses."
Brattleboro Community Television is a community media center serving Brattleboro, Dummerston, Guilford, Jamaica, Newfane, Putney, Townshend and Vernon. BCTV's mission is to promote civic engagement and transparency, and to empower community members to share their knowledge, views and creativity, without prejudice. T learn more about BCTV, visit brattleborotv.org or call 802-257-0888.
- Results-Wardsboro Focus Survey Nov. 2018
- Elementary Intradistrict School Choice Policy - posted Oct. 2018
- Elementary Intradistrict School Transportation Policy - posted Oct. 2018
- More School Policies
- Click HERE to send a comment,or if you prefer, contact one of the Board Members, or use the email.
- People are asking "WHAT IS IB?" - watch this video clip.
Taxpayers in both towns; concerned citizens; parents of children currently enrolled in both schools; parents who will have children entering the school system in 2019; home-school parents who want to learn more about future opportunities in education in Dover and Wardsboro; members of the education community, teachers and staff.
Statement from the Chair, Rich Werner of Dover
"The Board is looking for public participation -- parents, tax payers, residents, voters, and others -- as we move forward and start to set the vision and guiding principles for the River Valleys Unified School District in the next few months, as well as in late spring or early summer when we start to discuss specific policies and procedures around transportation, educational opportunities, which building students will attend and the overall educational policies of the River Valleys Unified School District. If anyone cannot attend the meetings, public comments and questions sent by email or from the links on the Board's webpages are always greatly appreciated."
CLICK HERE for more upcoming meeting dates.
The Board meets twice monthly. Here is the general schedule: It is subject to change, so always check this page for updates.
- First Monday of the month at Wardsboro Elementary School - click here for directions.
- Third Monday of the month at Dover Elementary School - click here for directions.
On the following posts and pages you will find information and links related to the work of the new Board for the unified school district.
- Frequently Asked Questions about the new unified school district
- a link to send your own questions -- the Board welcomes your questions and suggestions!
- notices of the next meeting - agendas, time, date, and place
- notices of changes to meetings dates (snow dates)
- links to the minutes of the Board meetings
- links to the BCTV videos of the Board meetings
- updates, notices, and ongoing activities of the Board
- information about the RVSD Board members
- information about the Act 46 Agreement between Dover & Wardsboro
Our Mission Statement / Our Vision Statement
To reach the Windham Central Supervisory Union Office WCSU - click here
To reach the Dover Elementary School - click here
To reach the Wardsboro Elementary School - click here
BOOKMARK THIS PAGE ON YOUR DEVICE FOR EASY REFERENCE NEXT TIME 📌